Wednesday, May 18 - Upon the election of our new town council the results have determined that for the first time in Olde Milford history the Olde Milford Council that bears a member of ethnic diversity. "If you don't elect me, your just racist" Grewal quoted during his vigorous campaign. Despite political analyst Rodney Bean's inconclusive polling guesstimates, Grewal managed to receive an overwhelming amount of support from the Milford community. Feelings of unease were palpable, but The Scoop will comply with the recognition of Grewal's presence on the council. Justin Levine offered no comment.
Adam J. Stolz & Jacob E. Andriola - The Scoop
Phew. Now with election season out of the way we can now get to the real issues concerning this city. Although, all this competition amongst the candidates sure did remind me of my playing days as a quarterback. Oh man do I miss those days.
ReplyDeleteAnyways, lets hope these council members can improve our community and keep the people in mind! God Bless.
I felt the Milford community really showed its true colors in this crucial election for Committee members. Mr.Grewal was clearly one of the most debated candidates, but his years of experience as a 62 year old veteran add a mature light to the Committee. I'm glad election season is over and I feel our brave citizens have chosen accurately-the Committee is doing wonderfully supporting education and welfare!
ReplyDeleteIll tell you what, I was happy to see Mr. Grewal elected into office, as a minister at the African Methodist Church I am a fan of his decision making and experience. I believe he is a great fit for the council and will help us as a community be productive and improve Old Milford. He will be an important asset in the council's decision making for the future.
ReplyDeleteOlde Milford has always been a very ethnically diverse town and I think it's about time our town council reflected this diversity. I have faith in Grewal as a member of our town council and I think he will be a valuable addition to our council meetings.
ReplyDeleteAs a citizen of Old Milford I agree with Chris that it is important to reflect our towns diversity in our City Council. Hopefully Mr.Grewal presence will help represent the often underrepresented minorities in our local government, and allow for all voices to be heard. Mr.Grewal has so far shown his interest in what citizens feel often commenting "I'm here for you guys". It will be interesting if he continues to hold up this statement.
ReplyDeleteI am pleased to say that we have this man on our council. Not only is he from diverse backgrounds, he is also a brilliant man with fine ideas. It is a pleasure working with him on this council. He represents a great part of our fine city and he is doing everything in their best interest.
ReplyDeleteAs a doctor, I have seen many things ranging from beautiful to vomit-inducing. However, I am happy to see Raja on the council. Like my fellow citizens have already mentioned, I believe that Raja has a lot to bring to the table and provides balance amongst the council. I trust that he will represent our ideas well.
ReplyDeleteI actually voted for Raja. I believed he was an essential person to have on our council because of his diversity and his commitment to the people.
ReplyDeleteAlthough not present for the election due to an absence caused by morning sickness, I was not pleased to hear about grewal's campaign speech. In my opinion it was inn appropriate, immature, and a threat to Old Milford's wellbeing. The fact that people actually gave into such incompetence is very revealing. I do not know if I want to stick around in this town.
ReplyDeleteAs a housewife and graduate from our local university, I always have the future of Olde Milford in mind, and I am proud to say I supported this great councilman throughout the recent election. I think Raja will do a superb job on city council! Not only is councilman Grewal proficient and experienced, he appropriately represents Olde Milford's widely diverse population.
ReplyDeleteI think it is important to see diversity on this council. As city manager, I believe that the more diversity we see in the council will ultimately help us connect to the people of Olde Milford more directly, and our representation of the people of Olde Milford will be more accurate. Diversity brings strength and new views to our community that will help us solve our issue more quickly and more efficiently, achieving goals in ways that we would not have thought otherwise,
ReplyDeleteI am pleased to serve alongside Raja, I graciously accepted his nomination for Vice-Mayor, and I believe he is a great member of council. His minority affiliation has not had a negative impact on his opinions or voting record, and I look forward to serving with him in subsequent council sessions. As for Mr. Grewal's race, I applaud him on achieving such a position in a monumental election. I hope the electorate and press will continue to support him.
ReplyDeleteIt is extremely important to have diversity on the council because it sends a message of tolerance to others who may want to move into the town. If people move into the town then there will be a greater demand for living space. Therefore, there will be a greater need for the hotel and the beauty salon will experience increased business. Therefore, I am proud to say that I voted for Mr. Grewal and that I helped promote diversity within the Olde Milford council.
ReplyDeleteAs Fire Chief, I am very glad that Raja is on the council. He has proven himself qualified for the position many times and deserves this title. Through hard-work and dedication he can now be called: Mr. Councilman. It is great to see a diverse council so that different points of views can be taken into consideration.
ReplyDelete